Frank Bailey's Memoir Leaked to Press (and a surprise)
- Buying Sarah Palin | Part I
- Dinner with Sarah Palin | Part II
- Competing with the Chinese | Part III
- The Supreme Court Gives You: President Foam Finger | Part IV- or -
- Download all 4 parts as a single PDF
- Frank Bailey's Memoir Leaked to Press (and a surprise)
- Say it Ain't So, Joe! Co-Author of Leaked Palin Book Speaks Out
- Greendoom: Much Ado About Something?
- Stocks Can't Go Much Lower or Can They?
- All That Glitters Really Is Gold
- Richard Grasso and Lessons Not Learned
- Stocks Post War -- Buyer Beware: Uncertainty Abounds
- Dick Grasso: The Ten (or more) Million Dollar Man
- Grasso's Pay: The Side Show to Real Issues
- Open Letter to CalPERS Board regarding specialists: Subject: A Smoking Gun?
- Martha Stewart: When it Comes to Perspective, We Have None
- Mike Milken and Warren Buffet: The Two Sides of Wall Street
- Reaction to John Reed proposals to Reform NYSE
- Garbage In, Garbage Out
- NYSE: What Are They Hiding?
- Spitzer's Settlement: Who Actually Wrote This Deal?
- Dick Grasso and the Dark Side of the Moon
March 6, 2011
As many of you are now discovering, there's been a reason I haven't been as prolific on the blog as usual over these past months.
There's not a lot I can tell you now, but I've been collaborating with former Sarah Palin aide Frank Bailey, and former Wall Street Exec and award-winning novelist Ken Morris on a little project. You'll all remember Ken Morris as the one who was offering to donate $200,000 to a veterans charity if Sarah Palin would have dinner with himself, me, Shannyn Moore, Rachel Maddow and a couple other progressives to talk about issues. As you can imagine, that never materialized.
Frank Bailey was one of the few true Palin "insiders." He and a circle of half a dozen people were there in the Palin campaign from day one, until the end of her administration. He's the kind of guy you'd pick to write an insider memoir, if you could choose. He was working on a book almost two years ago which was tentatively titled "Renegade - Sarah Palin's Hatchetman." That particular project fell through, and this one was born. One of the things that makes this project really interesting is that Frank retained tens of thousands of emails between Palin and her confidantes, which were sent to him over the years, beginning in 2005, and going through the end of his relationship with Palin in the summer of 2009.
Frank has kept pretty quiet over the last couple years, and has not granted a single interview. This is part of the reason that people may not have heard of him until now. Frank moved up the ranks from campaign volunteer, to the Director of Boards and Commissions in the Palin administration. He was also the aide who placed the infamous taped "Troopergate" phone call to the Alaska State Troopers asking why Palin's ex-brother-in-law, Trooper Mike Wooten hadn't been fired. Like many, Frank became increasingly disillusioned over the years and is ready to tell his story about his years in the inner circle.
It would have been nice to personally tell the news about the project to all of you, and friends ourselves, when we were ready. But as often happens in life, things tend to turn out in completely unexpected ways. The draft manuscript has apparently been leaked to the media without the knowledge or permission of any of the authors, or the literary agents. We on this end are shocked and horrified that this has happened, but the toothpaste is out of the tube as they say. So, now there's a little intrigue added to this story, which we certainly would not have chosen, and the consequences of which are yet to be known.
Co-author Ken Morris has added, "One thing I'd like to be very clear about is that the leak was not in any way approved, and the team will protect our rights in the material to the fullest extent of the law. We will seek all legal recourse available against those responsible and those that continue the unauthorized spread of the content."
I'll be able to talk much more about this in the coming days, and you can check back here for more news and information as it becomes available.